It is May 26, 2012 and I am just beginning to blog after a year! I am finding Facebook too tenuous - hackers get in and send insults to my friends, and the info is just too public! I hope to communicate with many of you here.
We arrived back at New River State Park last Tuesday and began our duties as Campground Hosts Thursday. Being the long weekend and first of the "summer", the park's campgrounds have been full for some time. Folks still show up at the last minute looking for a site. I can understand if the work schedule doesn't allow one to plan ahead, but some just won't plan, even if possible. Bob had one would-be camper call him an obscene name on the FIRST DAY! Then, we were awakened at 4 a.m. today by an emergency illness. Buddy doesn't understand a change in schedule, so we were awake until around 6.
However, this is all offset by the majority of wonderful folks who welcome us back and make us feel like family. When we arrived, the staff greeted us with, WELCOME HOME! It doesn't get any better than that.
About Us
- Roaming Retirees
- Tequesta, Florida, United States
- We are retirees who love to travel the world. Since 2000, we have been to Austria, China, London, Paris, Bankok, Canada's Maritime Provinces, The Netherlands, and sea to shining sea of the US. We have lived in Florida since 1980, have 3 children and 5 grands. Life is Good!
No comments:
Post a Comment