Where did the 4 months go????? Well, it's crying time again....... This is our last week here, and as we pack, the goodbyes bring tears to my eyes. Jeff fixed a wonderful pancake breakfast for us and the staff this morning, as if he wasn't busy enough. In addition to his duties as a park ranger, he farms fulltime! There's another dinner party coming tomorrow night, and it all makes us feel so special. They keep thanking us, and we try to tell them it is US THANKING THEM for letting us share this beautiful spot and spend time with wonderful people with such good hearts.
Many of you know I had surgery in April for breast cancer. I was able to have my radiation treatments here in Boone. I know the healing improved 100 percent because I was among such loving and caring people.
Weatherwise we are ready, as the temperatures are falling, the winds are gusting, and tonight we may get snow flurries! Florida's temps have also fallen, but that just means shorts weather. Right now I'm dressed in layers -- several layers.
Ranger Jeff cooking a pancake breakfast this morning, after lighting a beautiful fire in the fireplace.
Ranger Scott
The decorations were donated by one of our seasonal workers who farms nearby. Every year he brings a truckload of pumpkins. The fireplace screen and accessories were specially made for the Visitor Center.
Ranger Janet
No comments:
Post a Comment