Last night the Endeavor was launched successfully at 8:55 p.m. We walked down to the foot bridge over a fork of the Loxahatchee River and watched the launch. Imagine! We can see it from 60 miles away! First, the sky lit up as though there was a forest fire in the northern sky. Then the "rocket" appeared, and we watched it arc and start its journey. That's the little light in the sky of my pic. I took a bit of video, but I believe the picture is just as dramatic. We watched until it disappeared below the horizon. Wish I had taken my tripod; I could have done better.
About Us
- Roaming Retirees
- Tequesta, Florida, United States
- We are retirees who love to travel the world. Since 2000, we have been to Austria, China, London, Paris, Bankok, Canada's Maritime Provinces, The Netherlands, and sea to shining sea of the US. We have lived in Florida since 1980, have 3 children and 5 grands. Life is Good!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Last night the Endeavor was launched successfully at 8:55 p.m. We walked down to the foot bridge over a fork of the Loxahatchee River and watched the launch. Imagine! We can see it from 60 miles away! First, the sky lit up as though there was a forest fire in the northern sky. Then the "rocket" appeared, and we watched it arc and start its journey. That's the little light in the sky of my pic. I took a bit of video, but I believe the picture is just as dramatic. We watched until it disappeared below the horizon. Wish I had taken my tripod; I could have done better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(27)
-
▼
November
(13)
- The season is upon us.
- Happy Thanksgiving! May your stuffing be tasty M...
- Thanksgiving celebrations
- Things are cool!
- Last night the Endeavor was launched successfully...
- Daughter Robbie and husband Bill. Steve ...
- Aunt Elsie Pix would not load last night.
- Veterans Day
- This mural on one of the buildings in West Jeffer...
- A busy, but fun Sunday afternoon
- Home Sweet Home
- November 5 milestones...
- Lesson 1: NEVER TRAVEL THE FIRST WEEKEND IN NOVEMB...
-
▼
November
(13)
1 comment:
I remember running out to the dock and watching the "space ships" fly in a blaze of fire over the Atlantic,,,,I remember the monkey and Alan Sherpard.....oops, oh well....age is only a number!! The excitment is still there!!...Linda
PS...closed the mountain today due to black ice!!
Post a Comment